Meetings are being held in small groups for South Norfolk Council to update Town and Parish Councils. Councillor Lizzy Pegg attended the 1:00 pm session on Monday 23 March. Key points arising were:
Roles of SNC and Harleston Town Council
- South Norfolk Council (SNC) will be the lead organisation in what happend locally in dealing with the Coronavirus outbreak.
- Delivery of services will filter down to a town and parish level.
- SNC is divided into five clusters. Harleston falls within segment D along with Long Stratton, Diss and others. The clusters are further divided into areas, and we are in area 23 along with Pulham Market, Pulham St Mary and Starston. We have two dedicated Community Connection Leads: Jake Kabula and Andrea Owen. Jake and Andrea are the contact points for all your assistance.
- The central contact number is 01508 533933. This is the number to call, there are a team of people dedicated to answering calls and making sure they get to the correct person. The email address is email@example.com
- SNC will pass the call details to Harleston's Kindness where action is required at a local level.
- Video conferencing facilities are encouraged to maintain council meetings, as members of the public will not be in attendance, it is imperative that the minutes accurately reflect the mechanism for delivery of the meeting.
- It has been agreed that the Council AGMs and the election of Chair and Vice Chair will be postponed
- Everyone should abide by the two meter separation rule. Deliveries should be left on doorsteps while the volunteer steps back and checks that the isolated person is able to collect the package. There must be a degree of common sense and flexibility where the recipient is unable to pick up the package, but the two meter rule must by followed.
- Waste disposal is seen as a priority service.
- Guidance is awaited on what will happen when isolated people run out of cash.
We will post notes of the meeting when they are available.